I will never forget the first time I went backpacking with Angelique. The towers of eroded red rock watching over us like ancient Indian warriors holding space and protection for the healing that would be created there. My sweat dripped from my brow onto the powder sand as I pushed myself up the mountain toward our campsite. I felt a sense of dread and frustration with every step I took. My shoulders hurt from the weight on my back, and yet I knew I couldn’t stop. Nothing would get me to the top. Only my two feet. When I felt the rush of wind hit my face, I knew I had reached the top.
Tears rolled down my cheeks soaking my cracked lips with salty pride. I did it. Me. No one else. I sat on a rock for a while and cried. Honestly, I can’t remember what I was crying about, but the fatigue my body endured broke me down so deeply that my mind had no where to run.
And in that moment. With my legs shaking and my body weak, I healed.
I let go.
I had no where to go.
Nothing to distract me.
No screens to numb my mind.
No noise but the sound of silence echoing through my ears with powerful vibrations.
I knew this place was special and sacred and it’s been waiting for Simply Wild to come bring brave women to transform and transcend.
So...into the wild we will go again!
Carrying everything on our backs.
Clothing, food, water, burdens, pains, regrets, trauma, and sorrows.
14 women looking for space. For healing. For themselves. For adventure. For a safe place to finally take a long deep breath.
Collectively we fight through the unimaginable. The depression, anxiety, suicide, loss, pain, abuse, addiction, neglect, and abandonment.
But this will be a different kind of fight. A fight of remembering. A fight not just to survive. A fight to rip off the masks and false beliefs that made us forget who we are.
A remembering that we hold the light, not someone else.
That our light will guide us home.
Back to ourselves.
Back to remembering.
Remembering the wild within us.
Date: October 6th - October 10th, 2022
Location: Moab, UT
Energetical Exchange Value: $5,555
If you are a Woman looking for an opportunity Renew, Rediscover, and Rise, then Simply Wild is your place. Together we will backpack, hike, camp, meditate, yoga, breathe, eat, and just about everything together. Within those moments is where the magic happens. Within those moments is where we will discover the Wild woman within us. At the end of Simply Wild you will go home Renewed, Empowered, Enlightened, and anything else you've set your intention to be.
We will be backpacking in the Needles District of Canyon Lands National park. The terrain is not easy, but what life changing experience is easy? You don't need experience with backpacking or camping, just a willing heart and mind to push your mind, body, and soul to rediscover yourself. If you can walk up and down stairs, carry 50lbs on your back, walk through rocky terrain, handle the hot and cold elements of our beautiful earth, than you can do it!
Angelique and I will be guiding and helping you the entire way. Before you arrive Angelique will help you in the private facebook group with a workout plan and other details to help you prepare to be Wild!
To join Simply Wild please complete this application to lock in your spot.
Thursday - October 6th
5pm: Arrive at the House in Moab, UT
6pm: Dinner at the House
7pm: Training and packing
Friday - October 7th
5:30am: Pack up and leave Moab for Canyon Lands
7am: Hike (4.5 miles with backpacks)
12pm: Arrive at camp, eat lunch, and set up camp
6pm: Dinner at camp
Saturday - October 8th
10am: Hike to Druid Arch (6 miles with daypacks)
11:30am: Arrive at Druid Arch
12pm: Eat lunch
3:30pm: Head back to camp
5pm: Dinner at camp
Sunday - October 9th
6am: Breakfast & Packup
8:30am: Hike out of camp (4.5 miles with backpacks)
11am: Drive back to Moab VRBO
12pm: Arrive at the House and eat lunch
1pm-4pm: Shower & Change
7pm: Sound Bath
Monday - October 10th
9am: Check out of the House and head home
**The schedule is subject to change depending on weather conditions
What You Get
- 3-day/2-night one-of-a-kind backpacking experience in remote, peaceful Canyonlands National Park with backcountry campsites nestled among red sandstone spires, expansive stunning sunsets, and pristine dark, star-filled skies
- 2-night stay in a beautiful VRBO in Moab, UT, to settle in before the adventure begins and relax after the hike
- An extremely healing and intimate experience with only 14 women total
- A 5-week training guide to help you prepare for backpacking
- One-on-one coaching, healing, and personal time with Sadie Jane
- Daily yoga and meditation led by Sadie Jane
- A unique hiking schedule that leads you through a path of healing and rediscovery as we trek through the Cedar Mesa desert
- A professional certified hiking guide that will educate and train you in the ways of the wild
- Top-of-the-line tent, sleeping bag, backpacking stove, hiking poles, technical backpack, and much more to use for the weekend--you pretty much just have to show up with your clothes and toiletries!
- Private Facebook group communicating needs and building community before the retreat
- All meals and snacks from dinner the first night to dinner the last day
- Backpack training and education
- Backcountry education including Leave No Trace Principles, Canyonlands National Park regulations, Don’t Bust the Crust training, and a safety overview
- National Park entrance fees
- Emergency equipment including first aid kit, GPS locator beacon, and badass guides who are both wilderness first-aid and CPR certified
- Swag bags
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to have backpacking gear to participate?
- No, We are providing all the big, fat expensive gear! You just have to bring your clothing and toiletries for the weekend. On our private Facebook group, we will send all participants a checklist of what you will need to bring as well as links to items we recommend so that you know what to get. You'll need good hiking boots, a lightweight, warm puffy jacket, and camping clothes. We provide the backpacks, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, tent, food, hiking poles, etc.
- Do I need to have backpacking experience?
- Nope! You just need to be able to hike 4-5 miles with 50 pounds on your back. BUT ALSO, when was the last time you did that? HA! Don't be scared! If you have an active routine (work out 3-5 times a week), you will be set! We will also help you prepare and train beforehand.
- Is food provided?
- Yes. We will provide all the meals and snacks you will need and will provide a couple of options to you before the event. We'll have gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan options. Backpacking food...it's pretty much amazing...
- What if I have diet restrictions?
- We are able to accommodate just about every diet. Our meals are Gluten-free, Nut-free, Vegan, and Dairy-free.
- Will we have Cell Service in Canyonlands?
- No. We will not have Cell Service in Canyonlands. We carry a Sattelitte phone in the backcountry in case of emergencies. In the event of an emergency back home, your family can contact a member of our team in Moab who will then contact our satellite phone.
- What is it like to Hike in Canyonlands?
- We plan our backpacking retreats for months that typically have more moderate temperatures. However, we cannot control or predict the weather. This means we may face hotter temps (85+ degrees) during the day and colder temps (30 degrees) at night.Our backpacking retreats take place in the high desert with very little shade. We will be exposed to the sunlight a majority of the time.We will have gear to manage the elements the best we can, but be prepared to endure hot and cold temperatures, especially if you have medical issues that cause you to be more sensitive to hot or cold temperatures.
- What is the Cancellation & Refund Policy?
- Cancel before August 1st to receive a 90% refund. Cancellations made after August1st but before September 1st will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be given after September 1. Cancellations due to an unforeseen event such as injury, illness, or death will receive a refund minus the cost of online payment fees and costs incurred for gear and/or equipment associated with the retreat. Injury or illness require a signed doctor’s note.Simply Sadie Jane reserves the right to change any part of the retreat as necessary. In the very unlikely event that Simply Sadie Jane must cancel the retreat, participants will be given the option to transfer all payments to a future retreat or to receive a full refund. Simply Sadie Jane is not responsible for expenses incurred in preparation for any cancelled retreat, such as airline tickets, loss of work, and/or other costs associated with preparing for your trip.
- What if I struggle out there?
- If a representative from Simply Sadie Jane deem you to be unable to complete the hike safely and/or deem your further participation to be a danger to yourself or others in the group, we have someone who will come get you and take you back to Moab until the rest of the group returns.With the weather and terrain, it's important that everyone is safe while hiking and that we aren't delayed and exposed to the elements (sun and heat) for too long.
- Is Travel to Moab/Canyonlands Included
- No, everyone is responsible to get themselves to Moab Thursday by 5pm and will be responsible to get themselves back home. We suggest you fly into Moab or Salt Lake City and hitch a ride with another Simply Wild Attendee.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancel before August 1st to receive a 90% refund. Cancellations made after August 1st but before September 1st will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be given after September 1st.
Cancellations due to an unforeseen event such as injury, illness, or death will receive a refund minus the cost of online payment fees and costs incurred for gear and/or equipment associated with the retreat. Injury or illness require a signed doctor’s note.
Simply Sadie Jane reserves the right to change any part of the retreat as necessary. In the very unlikely event that Simply Sadie Jane must cancel the retreat, participants will be given the option to transfer all payments to a future retreat or to receive a full refund. Simply Sadie Jane is not responsible for expenses incurred in preparation for any cancelled retreat, such as airline tickets, loss of work, and/or other costs associated with preparing for your trip.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR CONCERNS: PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com